Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Peaceable Kingdom

I always come back to what it means to be human.  I think about Peaceable Kingdom.  I think about all creatures living together. That would bean ultimate connection.  And I agree that connection is the antidote to violence. I think that humans are basically nonviolent if not violated. But this patriarchy has violated our species, and we have violated the other species.

I know I have mentioned Alice Miller's book - For Their Own Good.  She explores violence in parenting. It goes right along with teaching people a lesson.  Which is chilling.

My daughter has company, and I am distracted.  I will get back to you tomorrow.

I did have another flash of memory.  I made an apple pie yesterday, and I remembered how mom used to make two pies for a dinner.  And we used to fight over who got the pan.  Everyone got their piece of pie on a plate except the last person.  Whoever got the pan got all the crumbs...

Gotta go to bed,

Love from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment