Friday, February 7, 2014

Random reactions...

I guess I was thinking about bullying, and how the questions have to be used both ways.  It seems as important to look in as it does to look around.  I was thinking about balance.  And maybe I went there because it is so difficult to focus on self, but so easy to be fair.  It's easier to accept when we feel in balance...

Sometimes I think the best way to live is simply to show up, to be present.  That is what you are doing with your ornery young.  (loved that word!)

Talking about Star Wars today, and said my problem with the movies is that they promote and support the belief that violence is the way to peace.

Later, I was thinking about our rape society.  I suddenly wondered if that belief, that violence is the path to peace, is the basis of the ways men and women interact. Do men feel so oppressed that they must control the females in order to be manly?  Are they using the innate violence, the innate threat, to keep peace in their worlds?

Just a stray thought.

Babysat tonight as youngest went on a first date since the big breakup.  She is showing a lot of good judgment now.  I am impressed.

It is so late.  I am exhausted.

I love you,  I'll check in tomorrow.

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment