Sunday, April 7, 2013

Holes in the web

I'm with you.  I loved being pregnant.  I loved breastfeeding my infants and toddlers.  I loved the family bed...now it's the cat's bed - she graciously allows me to sleep there.  It is both hard and...softening...to watch my daughter be pregnant.  It is both to watch my grandchildren.  They warm my heart, they make my life sweet, but they remind me that I am in the next stage of life.

The shower was warm.  Our community is so wonderful.  Some of the women I am very close to are also close to my daughters.  The generations seem to overlap more here than anywhere else I have ever lived.

The Indians tried to remind us about the web - which you described nicely.  Although while reading your words, I thought of chains and chain mail.  What really struck me is the idea of looking for the holes in the chains and in the web.  I'm not sure what is different, but seeing the holes, and seeing from the holes, or recognizing how the holes feel seems important and different.  I think about the holes in me, which keep me separate from others.  I think about the holes in the web around me that amplify the alone-ness.  Maybe this perspective gives me hope that the holes can be mended.  Maybe I should call on my inner-spider...

I love it when poems come to mind

He drew a circle that shut me out-
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.
But love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle and took him In!

From the poem " Outwitted” by Edwin Markham



Once we identify the missing souls in our web, perhaps we draw them back in...


I think you are learning to just sit.  Stop rushing from project to project, stop living mindlessly busy,  Just sit for a minute and breathe and feel  You're getting healthy.  So the BIG question is - How does it feel?

I'm tired, and I have an article due.  'Til tomorrow!!

Still singing the Lullaby...Is forever enough?

Love you...Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment