Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Bitch session

I once listened to Clarissa Pinkola Estes who said that women still emotionally cycle even after menopause...she said, "the veil gets thinner" cyclically and that we are more emotional...more vulnerable...maybe that's what you're experiencing.

I did a group presentation to day that was probably the worst thing I have ever been involved in. The other members told me they didn't care as long as they passed and they basically presented from that point of view. I told them that I have higher expectations, but was trying to not impose my work habits on them...but now I wish I had...I wish I had pushed and guilted them into trying or caring. I hate mediocrity. The crappy thing is that I have another project/presentation with this same group in 2 weeks. This is more stressful than deadlines and commitments...knowing that they just don't give a damn.

Then I am driving home, in a heavy downpour, and my youngest calls to ask me what's for dinner. It is 7 pm, they are home with Dad, and I have to deal with dinner...since when am I the only one who can cook? Sorry...I just need to let it all go.

I am overwhelmed and ready to cry.
I want to go to bed and just be left alone.
I need a wife to take care of me!

Tomorrow should be a better day...
It better be.

Love and Light,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment