Thursday, April 25, 2013

Eclipse

We need both.  We need "I am" to do what we're supposed to do, to explore what we're supposed to discover, to feel and experience.  We also need "Me too!" to remember we are part of the whole.

Telling your group why the DV project was so important to you was vulnerable.  You allowed yourself to be seen and expected to be heard.  I wonder if people would listen if it was shared right from the beginning.  Your team members would understand your passion, and you wouldn't have to go through those feelings of frustration when you felt like no one else cared about the importance of what you were doing.

I like your commercial idea.  Do you ever watch Glee?  There was one where everyone word a T-shirt with a label.  The commercial could have the same.  Grandma's to young babies wearing T-shirts that say Raped, Punched, Burned, Shoved Down the Stairs, Told I Am Ugly...It might make people gasp.  (Especially if the labels are all true.)

I had a dream two nights ago that is staying on my mind.  It included a F/friend who died about a year and a half ago.  She had leukemia.  She left two teenagers behind.  She was a wonderful person.  I visited her once, went to help out with some errands, when she was quite sick.  She greeted me with tea, and questions about my kids.  Not a drop of self-pity, nothing but joy. 

We were walking and talking together in the dream.  I was aware that she was dead, and I was not.  But I had that feeling of having no edges...just like my friend.  As we walked, we passed her son, and she stopped and kissed him on his forehead.  He didn't see us, or  acknowledge us, but he stopped for a moment and looked up.

It was a beautiful, sad, joyful dream.  I woke up confused...

Then last night, I stepped out of my body, exposed myself, and it was no big drama.  I didn't feel the fear of being seen or of being an attractive woman. 

Today is an eclipse.  Every eclipse brings something difficult.  I wonder what I will get this time...waiting with open heart.

Love to you,

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment