Thursday, April 11, 2013

Be a Bitch!

I am completely calm about the interview.  If I am meant to have the job, it will happen.  A friend told me that every interaction with the potential employer was positive.  Makes me feel positive.  But then I have the momentary hyperventilation...what do I wear? what do I know?  who do I know?

Lots of times, by Friday I have forgotten all of my nouns.  That seems to happen to those of us who talk a lot for a living.  So, pray that I remember nouns, please!

Oreos...or Hershey kisses left over from last weekend.  Chocolate works!

I say we embrace our inner bitch.  We enjoy her and let her impact the world.  Because the bitch is always more impressive than we can imagine.  She knows how to fix things just the way she wants. I think we should embrace our inner bitch just as we embrace our inner fairy godmother and inner songstress and inner mechanic.  We have to love all of ourselves...nothing subjugated...all acceptable and accepted.

I found some bitchy quotes.  Guess which is my favorite...



“When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch.”  - Bette Davis


“I'm tough, I'm ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.”  -Madonna


  "A bitch always smokes." He looks back at Lucy. "A bitch is the opposite of a whore. A bitch doesn't need anybody. Or she wants people to think she doesn't need anybody. And she smokes to prove it.”  C. JoyBell C.

These days, I strive to be a bitch, because not being one sucks. Not being a bitch means not having your voice heard. Not being a bitch means you agree with all the bullshit. Not being a bitch means you don't appreciate all the other bitches who have come before you. Not being a bitch means since Eve ate that apple, we will forever have to pay for her bitchiness with complacence, obedience, acceptance, closed eyes, and opened legs.”  -Margaret Cho

"Being a Heartless Bitch isn't about stepping on other people, or reality TV-style sabotage antics. Its about working hard for what you want, and knowing when to stand up for what you deserve. Its not about demoralizing others; its about self-empowerment. Its not about being arrogant; its about displaying your confidence and intellect as a badge of pride. Its not asserting any inherent superiority or self-entitlement, but recognizing your own self-worth and value."
-- Kat D.

"I do get called a bitch quite often. What I do NOT get called is pushover, stupid, sweetheart, dear or doormat. Works for me."
-- Rebecca M.


Have a bitchin' night!

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment