Thursday, November 1, 2012

sit in vulnerability

Doing my research for this project I have looked at resiliency...
the one factor consistently listed for a person to be resilient is one adult who unconditionally loves them and treats them in a positive manner.

This journey isn't straight...the parallel paths that I wrote about are circuitous...
they double back on themselves sometimes...

One of the biggest issues that children of abuse face is their inability to feel...
they block emotions and pretend that everything is pleasant...and acceptable...
at least you are feeling today...
I looked up Brene Brown today and the quote that I read was about sitting in the pain and being open and vulnerable...

Sometimes we just need to sit with the pain and the dis-ease.

remember the present is all that we really have...so try to be present to what you are feeling at this moment...and don't beat yourself up over the past...
you have great kids...you've loved them well.

I love you,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment