Thursday, November 15, 2012

a few thoughts

I spent my day trying to do a few simple tasks and every time I attempted to work, someone needed to talk.
I was getting frustrated with my lack of successful progress...
and then I took a deep breath and realized that I was doing exactly what I was supposed to be doing...
connecting...
listening...
being present.

I like the silent witness idea...
nonconfrontational...
and yet powerful.
No one wants to be seen as a monster...
no one wants to be judged in that way...
but it amazes me that, in secret and darkness, the behaviors are acceptable and continue.

The quote last night about going to hell was Pinkola-Estes...I got confused...still powerful though.

I haven't heard from S#3 in a while...I miss her...I have reached out to her the past several times and then nothing...so I will wait.

I am positively and negatively anticipating the holiday next week...
I love that my kids will be home...and that my outside responsibilities will be much less than normal...
on the other hand I am reminded how alone we are...
I am hoping to take some time to just be still...
and try to listen to my heart...I need to slow down.
So what are your plans?

I was talking with my wise friend who, once again, pointed out that I am creating distractions to avoid the real issues in my life...
worrying about my students...worrying about my classes...worrying about my future...
her advice is to just do my best and accept the outcomes...not try to maintain tight control all of the time.
Why do I keep hearing the same messages over and over again?
I always thought that I was quick and intelligent...why can't I learn this lesson?

So my mission statement has to include several points;
  • living proactively and with intention
  • being aware that the journey and those you meet on the journey are the most important aspects
  • transforming pain and fear into Love and Light
  • dynamic living
Have fun this weekend...give my love to all.
Blessings,
Maggie




No comments:

Post a Comment