Friday, November 2, 2012

Bouncing ideas around my head

I am fighting the shortening daylight...
recently, everytime I think that I can take a walk later...
it's dark.

I guess I should appreciate the increased time for reflection and reading.
I have had the wonderful opportunity to read this week because of the super storm.
Once again fate guided my hand and led me to a book that I needed at this moment.

I woke up two days ago, about 45 minutes before I normally wake up...
with a stream of ideas flowing through my brain...
it was very similar to when I would write a song upon awakening...
but these were not lyrics...
They were ideas of a course that I would love to teach...
on the inter-relatedness of all things.
once again...it was clear that...
the world's survival depends upon respect.

I spoke with the Dean today...asking about increasing my cclass load after the spring term...
unfortunately there is no money to expand right now.
He was intrigued by my research topic though...he has done research with man-made disasters in the past. It was so good to have someone of that caliber get excited over my ideas.

One of the obscure facts that I have found with the ACE research (lit reviews) has been multiple moves...people with high ACE scores tended to move more than 5 times in the first 18 years. It's like the person who abuses their partner usually begins the process with systematic isolation from friends and then family...so the victim/partner has no one to turn to except the one who violates them. SO incredible confusing to the mind, body and soul.

I hope that you are enjoying this fall day...we finally saw sun for the first time in a week.
I will check in tomorrow...
Love,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment