Wednesday, November 21, 2012

good fences...good bridges

I have a few minutes to write before I run off for a busy day...
I would not have thought of class-ism within the family...
but I do see your point.
Why do we always make things "us and them"...
we define our fences so well...
we learn to separate and forget how to connect...
except with sex because that is a basic need.
Yesterday I was reading about how families need to construct good bridges and good fences for healthy relationships...once again it is all about balance...and boundaries.

I believe that I asked about envy because no matter how committed we are to not having children there is still a basic part of us that is driven to reproduce...it is the prupose of our existence from an evolutionary/biologic perspective.
Yesterday I was getting my hair done. I have been going to the same woman for 17 years and she told me that her stepson's girlfriend is pregnant. She choose long ago not to have children, because her husband had opted for a vasectomy prior to their meeting. But yesterday, for the first time she admitted that she really wondered what that would have been like...and she said it with a bit of regret.
So, I was projecting my feelings and values onto your oldest.

I agree that we were raised to not trust...
abundance,
consistency,
love,
safety,
and the list goes on...
Trying to allow myself to trust has been the hardest thing that I have ever done...
and I am still struggling with trust...
sometimes I am open and vulnerable...
and then other times I snap closed...
like a venus fly trap...
except that I am empty when I act this way...
there's no nourishment within...waiting to be digested.

I need to remember that my wall keeps everything scary out...
but prevents all of the good from entering.
good fences...good bridges.

I have to run...
love and blessings,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment