Thursday, November 22, 2012

Delight

Happy Thanksgiving!  We survived another holiday!

I actually had a nice, relaxed day.  It was easy to find that safe zone  where everyone is okay and they all like each other.  I remember my mother-in-law and her desire for us all just to show up dressed nice, be kind to each other and make memories.  It often seemed fake then, but I understand a little more now.

My day started with emotion.  I watched your video of your music and family photos.  It was beautiful.  I saw the two photos of the sisters, and I started to cry.  I started thinking about being invisible and the pull between being safely alone and the draw toward being noticed.  And I felt the division inside me.  I felt the hurt person withdrawing, and I felt an ooey-gooey mama type emerging.  That mundane little piece about the two wolves that live within us popped into my mind.  Which wolf survives?  The one you feed.

And I decided to feed the ooey-gooey mama.  I decided to see the beauty of each person I encountered.  I decided to see their strengths and intelligence.  We all know our shortcomings.  We all know everyone else knows our shortcomings.  I want to be that source of nurture.  I want to be the person who reminds others of their Light, their gifts.

All day, I looked at each person with delight.  And everyone was delightful.

Off to bed.  The dishes are done, but work tomorrow morning!

Love and delight to you!

Clare

Note added two days later:  I have been thinking about this post, and wanted to share...the reason I started to cry when I saw the photos of the sisters was because I really understood the way I have stepped aside and made myself an outsider.  I sought invisibility and found it. But I understand the pain of being invisible.  We can't be both invisible and part of the tribe.  Doesn't work...we have to choose:  invisibility or vulnerability.

No comments:

Post a Comment