Tuesday, January 5, 2016

too little too late

Clare,
A very powerful post…
I'm not sure what to say except…
I want will it to be different.
I want will to be a "leaver" as they describe in Ismael…
I want will to use what I need and leave the rest…
I want will to sacrifice as much as I take…
and yet I have to consider what that looks like.
Do I have the courage to enact that?

I think that our world is collapsing…
humans will cease to exist as we know them.
Perhaps a few will survive…
I believe it will be indigenous people who understand the earth and can live from it in peace.
We are in a mass extinction…
and we deny it to the end.

Violence begets violence.
The violence stems from the idea of scarcity…
the violence stems from a sense of entitlement…
the violence can be stopped if we simply embrace "enough".

I am heartened by the president's work  on gun control…
finally a courageous voice in the wilderness.
It is too little, too late I believe…
but it may push consciousness towards sanity.

I am judging ideas through the lens of this book, Ishmael, I am reading…
books like this are powerful.
When it was first released did it get much attention?
Did people talk about it in important ways?
I am new to it, and I cannot remember it before this.


No comments:

Post a Comment