Wednesday, January 6, 2016

It's your birthday!!!!!

Happy Birthday Beautiful!

I hope you have a lovely day.  I hope you have a grace-filled year. I hope you continue to be courageous and to peer at yourself, unafraid.

I wish you health and openness and love...

Happy Birthday, Love...

I know a woman who has been an activist for years. She believes it is possible to have a gifting society.  If you have something and someone needs it, you give it to them.  No stopping to consider whether they are worthy. No stopping to analyze the way they use their resources and if you approve.  No judging their possessions, or the state of their possessions.

If they need, you give.  Then let go...no strings attached.

Difficult.  Powerful.

I noticed people are beginning to buy women's handbags at second-hand stores, and to stock them with quarters, soap, sanitary supplies, wool socks, lotions, snacks, a $5 bill.  They keep them on hand for when they see a women in need.  I saw similar bags for men.

Gifting.

I love it.

It shows our hearts are softening, we don't have to judge whether someone is worthy. We just give.

Judgementalism has to stop.  We are taking it upon ourselves to decide if someone else is worthy.  I have been listening to a young - maybe he's a rapper, he's definitely a poet, named Prince Ea.  (I feel old, because I am not sure...)  This morning he said that if you had the exact same experiences as a terrorist, you would be doing what they are doing.  What has happened to us determines where we are.  And although we have one Earth, we have many worlds - as many as there are - us.

I have been thinking that maybe the most powerful thing I can do is love.  Love unashamedly, and maybe even fearlessly.  I need to learn to be vulnerable.

Because, you are right, we can't stop what is happening. You may not like tropical, but who cares. If this is a tropical planet, then it is.  I was thinking about tropical.  No one needs a house - it's warm enough to live outside or in tents if necessary.  There is always food available.  Tropical might be a blessing...don't need to heat anything, except to cook.

And I think we may be nearing the day when, rather than believing those in charge who tell us we need more electricity, perhaps instead, we will stop, look at our lives and ask - how much do I need?  Do I need another appliance?  Do I need the ones I have? 

Simplicity has always been my favorite virtue.

Love and birthday hugs...much love and many hugs!!!

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment