Saturday, January 23, 2016

nothing much...

Congratulations Maggie!

I did not know for sure that you got the new position. Now I need details. What will you be doing? Will it be full time?  Life is exciting when the changes come barrelling at us.

I am so aware that it is snowing. I can feel it snowing. But we are not getting even a flake here. Even though I have checked the radar a couple of times, and I know we are not in the path, I am waiting for it. Maybe I am experiencing it vicariously through my sisters!!  Three of you are in the thick of it!

What is your older son studying? What is his passion? If he is putting a distance between himself and old friends, he is growing up!  More congratulations, mama!

It is quiet here today. And I have no sense of time.  I worked this morning, after once I was done, it seemed like the day was just beginning.  Nephew commented on it being afternoon, and I was shocked. My inner time clock was off.  My goal was to work, write reports, then write.

Instead I talked to my oldest son for a long time.  It felt so good to connect.  Then I caught up on some committee work for Meeting.  Caught up on email - and the afternoon was gone. 

I've been spending quiet moments in my seed catalogs, trying to decide what I should plant this year. This is the time of year when the garden is absolutely perfect.  Every year.  This year my train of thought is - what did the groundhog leave alone last year. That is what I will plant more of this year. That means no spinach, no peas.

I guess this is just a check in day. I haven't watched anything or read anything that has triggered me today.  Everything is about the snow we are not getting!

I'll be back tomorrow!

Love and hugs from Clare




No comments:

Post a Comment