Thursday, January 14, 2016

drawing a blank

Clare,

I am intrigued by the idea of mandatory equal time off. I wonder if that would encourage longer maternity leaves or pressure for shorter ones? The male ego would have trouble stepping away for a long period of time…at least the ones that I've known in my careers.

The cows' milk comments are interesting…on Wednesday I was talking about evolution over thousands of years versus epigenetic changes over one lifecycle…one student asked why humans were losing their ability to drink milk when it is so important for our health. I actually laughed (slightly) and told him that he had been brainwashed by the Milk Council's advertising. It worked well into my lecture which stressed the need for critical thinking and knowing who paid for the research you're buying into.

Today was a quiet day…5 clients in the office. Each with their own challenges. I sit and listen…part of me knowing that soon I will probably be leaving them to the care of another therapist. It confuses me…part is ready for the new challenge (that hopefully will be offered tomorrow)…part wants to save them…but I am not egotistical enough to believe that I have what it takes to heal them…but I do help them along the way.

I am tired and drawing a blank. Did I tell you that Glennon, the author of the first book, is a speaker at that conference in October? She and Brene will be the speakers in Delaware.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment