Tuesday, January 19, 2016

too hasty…probably not

Clare,

You offer yourself the loving kindness that you so willingly give to others.
You treat yourself gently and compassionately.
You learn to love yourself.

I offer these words…
time and time again to clients…
and they still hold power for me.
They are true.
They are powerful.
They are so damned difficult to put into action.

I have a doodle on my wall.
A woman, looking totally defeated is standing in front of a blazing fire. She steps into it.
She steps out radiant from the energy and cleansing of the fire.
The dark night of the soul describes a maturing of spirit as laying a green piece of wood onto a fire…letting the water pop and crack out of it from the heat…
letting the bulk of the wood burn away…
eventually leaving only red, hot coals…
the true essence of the wood.
So, you're removing parts of you that no longer serve you. What remains will be fabulous. What remains will need your loving kindness, and you will have cultivated loving kindness along the way to nurture it.

It is a cold and blustery night. I am going out to yoga, because I missed it last week due to slippery roads. We are anticipating a snowfall this weekend, so I'm getting out while I can. Despite wanting to stay warm and cozy right here. I am scheduled to do Reiki 1 level training on Saturday, but it looks as if it will be postponed. I'm disappointed, but I know it will happen eventually.

I told my office (counseling) that I am leaving for another position. I explained the nature of my new position and all were very supportive. I really do love the people I work with…I'm just ready for this challenge/opportunity at this time. I have been given a list of my clients and have to assign them all to new therapists. I have been asked to see each at least one last time to explain my leaving and the transition. I know it's important, but I hate the idea of that many explanations…I wish I could just write a letter…but that would be cowardly.

I should hear on Friday if my position was fully approved by the board of the non-profit. I anticipate it being ok, so I moved ahead with the resignation.
I hope I wasn't too hasty…probably not!

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment