Sunday, December 13, 2015

Pretty good place

Clare,

I'm sorry for my absence. I thought I had written on Friday. I read your post and thought I had written a reply…but obviously I didn't.
Friday was the last day of class. I had 25+ final projects to grade, which kept me busy all day. Then we went to a Kenny G concert in the evening. It was a great concert.
Yesterday I did yoga, walked a lot, and wrapped presents…
and then collapsed.
Today I went to Meeting, and then we went to meet my older son's girlfriend's family. They were cutting a Christmas tree and invited us to join them. We had a nice time. I really wanted to meet them because my son is going to be staying at their house 2 nights a week while taking classes next semester. It was important to talk about it in person.

I agree that change is good and inevitable. I don't agree that all change is preceded by chaos. I think there are whispers- subtle, intuitive hits that ask us to change. It is only when we ignore the subtle that the not-so-subtle hit us as chaos. I teach that everything changes- stagnant things die.
I do believe that I embrace change…even the tough stuff, reluctantly.

The poop cookies sound like fun. I'm sure the west coast family is going to enjoy them. I tried to get my sons to make cookies and wreathes with me last week- I ended up doing both alone, but still enjoyed the process.

I've been wrapping presents and getting stuff checked off my list. Tomorrow I believe I am going shopping one more time to get husband something- no idea what. That should be the end of my shopping. I have a few things ordered from the internet, so I'm still waiting for those.

I'm doing pretty well right now. I think I'm on top of my work. I have to prepare for the spring course, but I feel pretty good about my present state. I'm sure there's something I am missing….
but, for right now, things are good.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment