Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas Eve

Hi Maggie,

It is quiet here again.  I had Christmas Eve dinner.  My oldest came for awhile, but she's not feeling well, so she went home early.  Everyone else stayed and put a puzzle together - which is perfect.  everyone is together and involved, interacting.

My middle son and his wife had to get home and get kids into bed, so they could spend hours wrapping and preparing. My oldest called home ans they have the same game plan...

And then it sort of hit me again. Christmas is so different when there are no more kids in the house.  Christmas was too much, but I wanted it.  Life with kids made Christmas a full, month long affair.  There was so much to do, so many places to go,so much baking and shopping and wrapping and planning - it toook every minute.

Now, my house is relatively clean and very quiet.  Everything is ready.  And I am alone...

So different...

So tonight I will ry to find my favorite, A Charlie Brown Christmas, and I will knit. I thought I could get it all done, but your gift is still on the needles.  I'll get done, then there'sa next project already in the planning stage...

I hope you and warm and cozy and full of joy with your family!

Love and hugs from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment