Sunday, December 20, 2015

It's all about Light

Hi Maggie!

I also truly enjoyed our moment of the Laughing One and the Naughty One in the car talking to the Strange One!  My grandchildren were here, enjoying the joy, vicariously.

How was your daughter's play?   

I miss you guys...

I had a strange "idea" while meditating with the ancestors last night.  I had the strong image of those of us who are alive and Earthly - we're dancers. We're dancing alone, living our lives.  We are dancing together, living live together.  And we are connected to our ancestors.  I saw them as being a kind of tutu. Some tutus are light and gauzy and add to the grace.  Some are dark and heavy and weigh us down.

I have been cleaning ours.  It is becoming more graceful!

I don't care if there were a virgin birth or not.  I don't care if Christ were human or divine.  None of that matters. What matters is that we look at the words - Do unto others...

I don't buy into much of anything at this time of year.  What resounds inside of me is that, if we live with awareness of the Earth, then we know we are as far away from the Sun as we get.  We have as much darkness as we will get.  At this time of year, we go within and find our own Light.  And we participate in drawing back toward the Light.  Next week will be better!

What brings us Light?  Giving. Loving. Spending time with people we love.  Being kind to people we don't know.  Sharing our gifts.

I have been thinking about the year we did not celebrate Christmas.  I could feel others celebrating, but I really didn't feel left out or sad...just curious.  I feel bad when trying to live up to Christmas expectations, when I'm never quite sure what they are.

I think I've mentioned before that my old friend from university was involved with some research indicating that the primitive part of our brain believes the images we see in current culture.  The sitcoms of the homes with garages and two cars and smartphones and you know, a dog by the fireplace.  So how do we break in and get non-white, -rich, -straight, -male to see past the media image and notice the huge lapses in equality?

I'm not sure.  I was thinking that maybe postcards divided into quarters with four faces and four quotes.  It could be women giving the basic data of their last maternity leave. Leave them at clinics and OB/GYN offices.  Or sharing info about health care costs...I read that most bankruptcies in the US are due to medical bills...it could be four men, one rich, white, straight, the others missing one of the key point indicators, comparing something about their life...Would people notice?

Since 90% of our media is owned by six corporations, almost no one has access to facts or news. I really do wonder what would happen if people saw the truths...

Anyway...I'm getting tired...work always comes early...especially on a Monday!

Love and hugs from the Strange One


No comments:

Post a Comment