Sunday, December 6, 2015

one of those days

Clare,

You have such a full life…
that's a blessing.

At Meeting this morning a woman was sharing her ideas on the spiritual desert…
as soon as she said "desert" I was pummeled by a wave of emotion…
I thought, "Oh no, it's gonna be one of those days"…
I sat with the desert for a bit…
crying…
flooded with emotions about our Arizona desert experience…
I rose to speak and talked about the life giving properties of the desert…
I talked about the blanket stepping I had- leaving behind the need to protect and perfect and picking up the courage to love human imperfection. I spoke of walking forward with a heart at peace.
I hadn't thought of those terms in a while…
but it made a strong impression on me to bring home to the boys.
After Meeting I got a hug from an elderly friend whose daughter died after a battle with addiction…
it was a wonderful moment.

One of our elderly Friends died yesterday. I've never been to a Quaker Memorial service, but I will be at this one in January.

We decorated the Meeting House with greens and candles today also. I love the Meeting house when it's readied for Christmas. I love Christmas Eve in silent candle light. It's a good time of the year.

My older son has enrolled for 2 classes at the community college that his girlfriend attends. He is taking painting and marketing…enough to get a taste. He is excited about finishing the high school diploma and moving ahead. Little steps…
He reminded me that I promised him a monkey when he graduates…
I'm not sure how that is going to play out.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment