Tuesday, December 8, 2015

no christmas spirit

Clare,

A quiet day here. I went to the office this morning and was told I had no one scheduled until 12:30…
so I came home and worked on a few things.
It was so quiet and peaceful…
all alone.

I had only 2 clients today. One I've written about before. She has been traumatized her whole life, but recently was held hostage and assaulted while being held. I suggested a few alternative treatments to see if she can stop the frequent flashbacks. I feel that it's the right course of action, but also feel like I'm experimenting with her case. I wonder if these modalities that I've read and learned about are truly effective. Both of these women are survivors and have lived through hell, my heart is saddened when I see them, and at the same time inspired by their tenacity and courage.

Tonight is sling yoga. I love doing yoga in the sling…
hanging upside down and stretching things that never were stretched before.
My lower back is bothering me- from walking on the treadmill- so I cannot wait to hang and let gravity work on that area.

I am sitting here, falling asleep…
it hasn't been that demanding of a day…
I've got to wake up.

I can't quite get into the Christmas spirit this year. I'm not listening to Christmas Carols. I have no interest in baking cookies. I have gifts for my family members, but none that I'm really excited about. I hope that the magic hits me soon. I am excited to give away all of the scarves I knitted last winter when I was in my Tamoxifen depression. I made 20+ scarves and have donated some to the homeless, but the rest are going to family and friends.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment