Saturday, December 5, 2015

Good morning

Clare,

I hope that you are sleeping in and working your way through this cold.

I got up early because I have a man putting the snow guards on my roof- no more avalanches when it snows. The company only sent one guy, and he admitted he's only done this a few times. I hope he knows enough to do a good job. They forgot to tell him that I have a leak around one of my vents, even though that was the original reason I contracted this company.

I probably won't be going to yoga this morning. I am uncomfortable leaving a person climbing steep roofs with no one around in case of problems. So, I am here for a while. I wonder if I should wrap the few presents that I already have at the house? Maybe that would be a good use of my time.

I have to tell you about last evening. My youngest and his girlfriend were hanging out. we started talking about my knee injury when he was a baby. I tore my meniscus as we fell down the stairs. The story then went to weaning him, because I weaned him after the surgery due to the chemicals I was given. We were teasing him about liking boobs and he was laughing and playing along…so I told him I had a very special christmas present for him. I told him I'd "taxidermied" my boobs for him to keep for all times. His girlfriend looked so shocked and then laughed so hard…they both were surprised that I would say something so off-the-wall.
We all laughed…
even husband…
who doesn't always think these things are funny.

So, my reiki friend's alignment has left me feeling odd- in a good way. I feel as if things are happening at a slower pace- not slow motion- that allows me to take in more and think about what's actually happening. It is kind of like an enhanced awareness. At first I thought I was exhausted because things seemed to be an effort. But, after two days, it isn't really a physically demanding effort rather it is a space to breath and think, during the action. Have you seen the Sherlock Holmes movie? They gave Holmes the power to "see" how things would play through prior to the event- like a fight scene and he was able to plan how he would respond to things. It's kind of like that. Does that make sense?
In a session on Thursday, I was listening to a client complain bitterly about her life circumstances. I was able to remain silent long enough to formulate a simple response…
nothing earth shattering…
but this client usually makes me shut down because she carries so much negativity…
the response was simple- give yourself more time…
self-care…
and she made excuses why that can't work in her life…
and yet I just calmly stayed with that suggestion.
I was sure that those were the words she needed to hear.
We'll see how that plays out.

Anyway, I hope that you are feeling much better.
Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment