Tuesday, December 8, 2015

attitude

Hi Maggie,

It's funny, but I'm not getting that Christmas feeling either.  It really doesn't seem like Christmas is coming at all. 

So today I decided that maybe if I did a little decorating, I would make space for the Christmas spirit.  I went upstairs and found the creche and our tacky little pink Christmas tree.  Then the baby and I went for a walk so we could cut some greens.  We found a large branch that broke off a big tree, and hauled that to the house.

After we were done, the baby wished everyone a Happy Birthday, and she asked me where the cake was.

Not exactly in the spirit yet, but she was fun.

I meant to pop in here last night and write to you, but I had a committee meeting.  After we were done, I was just plain old tired.  I'm still getting over this cold. Is this what it means to get older?  I used to blast right through viruses.  This has now been over a week, and I'm still coughing and croaking.

Oh well, every day is a little better.

When I read your words, "You have such a full life." my first thought was that you were making fun of me - although I know that would be extremely out of character. But my mind went to just how small and compressed my life seems to be. I used to be out there saving the world.  Now I'm home, working, watching a baby and -- doing not-enough.

But then I considered, and there is a lot to be joyful about in my life.  I just need to remember that!

Still doing ancestor work at night.  Last night I made a circle with my family, and then all of you siblings were in wheels with your families, and we all fit together like cogs - we were interconnected.  We all moved together, each affected the other's movements.

I wished someone a good weekend today. He reminded me it is only Tuesday, we have to get through the whole week first.  It's gonna be a long week, I fear!

Love and hugs from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment