Saturday, December 5, 2015

laugh

Hi Maggie,

Humor is the healing grace, the saving grace, of life.  I want to see your taxidermied boobs on the wall over the fireplace...in my imagination anyway.  You are too funny...

We do get keloids.  That's a lovely family trait.  Remember B#2's "earthworm" after his car acident when he was 20?  They did exploratory abdominal surgery, and made an incision from sternum to pubis, with a curve around his belly button. A few months later, the healing scar looked just like an earthworm.  And remember when I was bitten on my neck by a horse?  It looked like I had a wad of bubble gum stuck on me for years.  I was pregnant with my first, and I remember that my father-in-law's mother was so upset - she was absolutely sure that the baby would be born with the same scar.

This latest Reiki alignment sounds fabulous.  I wonder how many people are already there?  I wonder if your healer could put the rest of us there, too??

I'm still struggling with this cold.  The baby has it too.  Last night she refused dinner and fell asleep at about 6:30.  She was really out until a neighbor called at about 9:00. Then she was up and wanted dinner. I got her back down by about 10:00 or a bit later and she slept through. At 8:00, we were both sleeping - until the dogs had enough of sleeping humans.

I had the baby overnight so that my daughter could go out with her coworkers, as a Christmas celebration.  She said they got into a discussion about family. Four of the six women she works with are very closely attached to their mothers. She told me how important it is to her to talk to me every day. I was really touched.

Then I remembered being at an herb workshop in the forest, years and years ago. My interaction with my daughter made a young woman cry.  She didn't know it was possible for someone to have a relationship like that with her mom.  I remember being very surprised, and commenting that she never saw us bickering in the grocery store.

Which reminds me that I watched a video yesterday. A high school student asked people if she could film them. They said yes, she turned on the camera and said, "I'm filming what I find beautiful."   Then we watched the expressions change.  I cried. Of course, everything makes me cry these days. I feel so soft and open. I'm not sure what is happening, but I am enjoying feeling...just, feeling.

One subject in the video began threatening the girl who was filming her.  I understood this need to reject compliments...

Which is probably why I made the crack about the supermarket, rather than honoring my relationship with my child.

I wish I had the same relationship with all 5, but...again, I am forgetting to honor what I do have...which is 5 healthy, beautiful, intelligent, kind children who I m so proud of.

So, I am still tired.  And feeling a bit less than profound.

Sending love and hugs...

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment