Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Window of Opportunity

I love that newborn smell...

Things are calm here...but we are waiting for the consequences of his actions to surface.
He has been told to not discuss this with his friends as no charges have been officially filed yet...
but he is being asked about it repeatedly...he has to plead the fifth basically.
I think it is really teaching him about discernment...
what to talk about and with whom...
He seems engaged and more connected than he was before so maybe we have a window of opportunity here. I am in the process of scheduling counseling so hopefully we will all emerge stronger and more aware of our vulnerabilities.

I just came from a meeting at the domestic violence shelter...we were talking about the loss of funding and the need to pare services down to essential, core services...meaning interventions not prevention. I left there feeling frustrated, because the only way to break the cycle is prevention through education. I may take the initiative, get trained in a prevention program and offer my services to the schools through the DV shelter. It seems like the best way to proceed. I can afford to volunteer and violence prevention can't afford to wait for better financial circumstances. Maybe this is a leading???

I just feel strongly that if people understood the spectrum of violence and could recognize it...realistically identify it...they could stop it...it's too important to let sit.

I hope that you are healing. I trust that you know how to support and encourage the healing process.

Love and Light,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment