Friday, May 3, 2013

Like versus Love

like versus love...
I remember when I wrote the song Graceful Spirit I toyed with the line "those I love and those I don't"...I eventually changed it to "those I like and those I don't because I reasoned that we are meant to love everyone, but only like a select few. Love is more universal and depends only upon the fact that there is that of the divine within all. Your statement about loving a select group because they show up resonates more with me if you change it to liking them. I have a choice to like or not...love is a necessity to our existence...it is the deep connection that we all have, but all spend endless amounts of energy denying...so that we can be "rugged individualists" and great individuals.

So today, I was cleaning up because my girls are both home this weekend...and I found myself dancing to the music that was playing in the background...it was such fun. I had to check to make sure that no one was watching...I was alone...but it felt good, sweeping, folding clothes, mopping...all to light hearted music.

I've been walking daily for the past 10 days or so...I love to walk...but my hip and knee are really aching...I refuse to believe that this could be arthritis...I refuse to believe that I am old enough to have joint problems...but I may have to admit it enough to wear a supportive knee sleeve in order to continue to walk. Before grad school I was doing 5 to 6 miles a day split between a morning and evening walk. I loved it. Now I am doing 3 miles and aching the rest of the day. One great bonus is that I am sleeping really well. It feels good to sleep soundly.

I have had some really good conversations with my kids this week...what a great week.
Spending time together is allowing the conversation to flow, naturally. I am glad that my life is slowing down, at least for a little while...to strengthen the connection.
Thanks for being connected to me...I appreciate your love and support more than I can say.

Love and Light,
Maggie



No comments:

Post a Comment