Thursday, May 2, 2013

disconnect

I actually did wonder if that reference to "need a break" was in poor taste, but I let it slide.

I like the policy of rotating committees. Our committees do seem to be burdensome...hospitality complains that people are standing around talking while they want to clean up, no one shows up for house committee clean up, no one is willing to be on care and concern or outreach because it means talking to people...perhaps it is time for a shake up.

I made a bold statement to that effect today in an email about RE and the need for an equitable distribution of responsibilities...I was surprised that others felt similarly...I actually felt supported which was nice. It all comes down to connection, as you have said before. People want to belong, but they don't want to invest themselves in order to make it happen. Why do we humans do this? Is it protective...because it seems to be the root of abuse and exploitation? It is the reason that we compete instead of cooperate...that we work at against each other rather than collaborate. The reason that we can only love a select few humans rather than loving all beings...and probably the reason that we continue to love and cling to people who mistreat us.

So how are you all coping with broken bones and new babies? You must be frustrated, not being able to hold her with both hands. I am sure that you will figure it out...you are motivated.

I don't like the dreams that I am having...I am a control person...definitely not comfortable with chaos. I am trying to clean up my space, mentally and physically from the past 4 years of work and study and putting life off. I spent today transferring my computer contents onto flash drives to clean up that space. Tomorrow I will go through the mountain of papers that I have held onto. It feels good to put things away or recycle them to create more space for new ideas, creativity, etc.

I hope that you are healing and that your pain is much less. I will check in tomorrow.

Love and Light,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment