Monday, May 27, 2013

Parallels

I did not think of the situation from your perspective...and yes, sisters' weekend we did not include you. I think the assumption was that you wouldn't come even if you were invited. I am sorry. I let my girls read the email and asked their opinion about going to the family gathering. My oldest said, "do it for your mom, no one else". I am sure that she is wiser than I am, but I have to think about it.

This is the last week of school for the boys.. I will be glad to have a break from the schedule and early awakenings...fighting to get them to school on time...to do homework...etc.
We all need a break this time of year.

You probably could make a positive difference pointing out the use of comparisons between children and how hurtful it can be. He will see the connection and will respond. I think we tend to repeat behaviors of our parents when we aren't thinking. Give him a chance to see the parallels and allow him to change his behaviors. Your youngest has also reacted to her dad's comments  quite strongly in the past, she may be over analyzing  or sensitive to him because of their past encounters. Maybe they need to talk it out.

One of the first lessons in A Course in Miracles is that we see things as we do because of our past experiences, nothing is truly seen as it really is because of our "lens".
So for today I will try to appreciate the parallels in these 2 lessons...each of us reacts to triggers based on our history.

This weekend has been quite tiring, I am going to curl up with a book and my cat and relax the rest of this evening away.

I love you,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment