Wednesday, May 15, 2013

control without connection

There really is a shallow-ness to our existence...
we want so much and so many that we fail to settle deep roots.
We are content to accumulate instead of savoring what is ours...
and move on without finding contentment.
I find it to be so disheartening that once we have, or possess, something it loses its attractiveness...
and we are distracted by the next thing that we gotta have...
it's not only stuff...
it's people
and animals as well.
And then we discard the old...
or at least put it away to make room for the novel distraction...
only to once again become bored and distracted.

It breaks my heart when people buy and sell horses without ever gaining their respect and bonding a relationship with them...they want control without connection.
they want a perfectly behaved mount that does everything it is told to do.
But when you have a horse like that what you really are getting is one whose soul and will have been broken because they have been over trained and under respected. I would rather a thinking, responsive companion who wants to work with me...instead of for me.

People are much the same.

I have had a few email correspondences with a former love...
He acts interested and supportive...
asking intelligent questions and replies in a way that conveys respect for my very different life views...
and then after he gains my attention he becomes critical and cruel...
I guess he wanted control without connection too.
I have come to realize that I dodged a bullet with that one.
That was kind of random...but somehow was part of that train of thought.

Anyway...
I am going to talk with my boy...he's very talkative today.

Love and Light,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment