Saturday, May 11, 2013

bittersweet

Who is Fred...
and why did he poop on someone's keyboard?

Today was bittersweet...
I sat with the women that I shared the past 3 years with...
we reminisced throughout the ceremony...
and we shared our present joys and concerns...
two are pregnant, one is having a bilateral mastectomy next week, and most have no clue what is next.
But we are all optimistic...and ready to move on.
And we all celebrated each other today.

My hero and mentor spoke about me this morning at the honor induction...
she quoted my song, Heart's Voice, which was very touching.

Don't worry about greatness, 
do simple things well,
be kind to others, 
show respect,
give of your time generously
and always believe in yourself...

I was proud of my words and elated that she found them meaningful. She really is a wonderful women and role model. I am grateful to have learned from her.

I will check in tomorrow...
Love and Light,
Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment