Monday, May 6, 2013

Happy Birthday

Clare,

I am glad to hear that your house is settling and peaceful for the time being.

You are right about the cycles that we are living through....tough cycles that despite our best intentions draw us into unhealthy situations and relationships.

I did not go to the Spring gathering for my meeting this past weekend, and I am glad that I did not. My family needed me. We had a crisis that made me, and all of us, aware of how easily people get distracted onto unhealthy paths. Son #1 was arrested for possession of a very small amount of pot. But, we faced it full on...everyone was home and aware of the problem....and they each stepped up to support and hold each other. It made me sad that we had to do this, but at the same time very glad to know that we can and did. I am not sure what is going to happen legally, but we are trying to cooperate to lessen charges. I am worried, but not anxious.

I talked extensively to all of my kids about addictions and abusing substances this weekend, and in the past...they know the saga of the Delana addictions...but here is another one making poor choices. He will get help and counseling...he will be loved and supported, but he will have to face any consequences that arise.

I am glad that I have you to support me and to turn to.
I wish you a very happy birthday...and yes make some plans.

Love and Light,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment