Thursday, June 21, 2012

What's in a name?

Clare,

Isolation is protective...but it protects our ego...not our inner Light.
Our real, inner self requires communion...
I really believe this...but find it so hard to practice.
To truly live in communion/community would mean allowing others to know me...
my strengths (no problem)...
and my weaknesses (big problem).
We were raised to be ruggedly independent...the Teddy Roosevelt mindset.
But, if I could find the means to let down my guard...
to allow others to see me and to help me where I am weak...
what a wonderful symbiotic life that would be...
like you said, two Lights shine brighter than one.
Am I able to do that?

The picture of Fburg's house didn't bother me at all.
There was no emotion. I once drove there, and slowly drove around the house, through the alley, by the elementary school and into the main street...and I felt nothing.
No rush of memories, no pain, but I felt nothing good either.
I was confused by that.
I drove to that town with trepidation and a nauseous feeling...then nothing when I got there.
That's why I asked if you would go along the next time, maybe with both of us I would remember or process something.

The ugly character...I would love to know how you do this "location of the image process"
My initial thoughts from your description...
maybe there is blindness because the heart doesn't see..it intuitively knows things...
perhaps, like a blind person, this character has a heightened perception from the other senses...
able to determine good/bad, safe/dangerous, trustworthy/or not....
all without the prejudice that sight allows.
The other two characters are located away from the heart, the center...they are also in the vicinity of the cleansing organs...perhaps they filter the material first...then send it on to this ugly character.

The one thing that keeps going through my mind is that first they are all named very negative, derogatory names...and their true purpose is skewed because of the prejudicial names...definitely a trait that came from our family of origin...
Think about all of the names Dad used to give our boyfriends (and some friends)...
mean, prejudicial names...
meant to embarrass them and us and make us feel as if we were dating someone less than worthy...
like we were ever valued and prized in our family...
we were tolerated and sent on our way at 18.
Perhaps you should embrace these three characters and rename them...
or ask them to reveal their true names and nature to you.
Just some ideas...
I love you,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment