Friday, June 8, 2012

Just wait...

Having a bad moment.  Not making enough money in my job, so I have been looking for a second job.  No one has responded to my resume or applications.  Applying to grad school, and I sent an email to an admissions counselor, got an out of office reply stating he'd be back this week.  No reply this week.  I was thinking about you wondering who you really love, realizing I never thought about who I wanted to date when I was young.  I just waited to see who was interested in me.

One of the recurring lines in my head is,  "Just be a good girl and wait.  I'll take care of you as soon as I'm through..."  But with nine of us, there was always something more to be done.  And since I learned to be so quiet, I was the easy kid.  I was quiet at home.  I was quiet at school.  No wonder I make such a good Quaker. 

I'm still waiting.  I don't know how to do anything but wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment