Monday, June 18, 2012

Skeleton Woman

The feathered turtle...leave your shell and fly...what a great concept.

I do not accept or receive compliments...
I, too, deflect them...explain why the person is mistaken...and move on without believing them.
I was talking with my wise friend once about feeling insignificant and invisible...
and she told me that people can't help but notice me...
that I draw attention when I am around...
that still stops me in my tracks...how do I handle that kind of pressure?...
Oh yeah...I just ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist...same old patterns.

As for the mother and child interaction...when you are able to speak up, you will.
I think I would find myself saying something comforting to the childred in that type of situation...
something like..."You do alot of things right", or "she's having a bad day, it's not your fault".
It only takes one person being supportive to reduce the sting, to decrease the traumatic effects of words and actions.
So maybe instead of considering confrontation, consider supporting...loving kindness.

I am continuing to read the Wolves book...
She is now telling the story of the Skeleton Woman...very appropriate for this journey:

A young girl is thrown off a cliff by her father for some unknown discretion...
left to drown and to be the food of fish and underwater creatures...
many years later, all that is left is her bones, submerged deep in the water.

Well, an unknowing fisherman rows onto this water and casts his line in this cove.
He catches something very heavy...
and fantasizes his prize catch...
How great he will be in his village...
How he will feed the whole village by this one catch.

After great struggle, he reels in a skeleton.
Afraid he starts rowing toward shore...
he is chased by the skeleton because, in his fear he has forgotten to cut the line...
the skeleton pursues him...all the way back to his hut.
In the dark he breathes a sigh of relief and lights the lamp.

There,in the corner, is the skeleton...a tangled mass of bones and fishing line...
and he is once again terrified.

Overcome by pity and curiosity, he slowly moves towards it and begins to untangle the mass of bones and string.
After touching the skeleton, he relaxes and becomes comfortable and intent on his goal of putting it in order.
When he is finishes the task he lies down to sleep, no longer afraid.

Sometime in the night he cries a tear...the skeleton, whose thirst is great slowly moves to him and drinks the tear. This tear nourishes her back to flesh. She then reaches into his chest and takes his heart in her hand, the rhythmic beating brings her heart back to life. She replaces his heart, crawls under his blankets and the two become one.

I read this as my journey thus far and my future.
Part of me was thrown away...
bits and pieces picked away by bottom dwellers...
but survived submerged...
I have rediscovered the bones...
faced the ugliness...
felt the terror...
tried to run and hide...
fantasized about healing/feeding the whole village...
I am becoming comfortable with the process of putting this in order...
and I am crying tears to reawaken/reflesh that part of me.
So the journey continues...as does the dream sequence...the flail chest...
I need allow access to my heart and permit it to bring that part of myself back to life...
then hopefully peace and integrity will follow.

So my Helig Wyn...my feathered turtle...my soul sister...
Do you see this too?
Where are you in this process?
Do you lead? Do you follow? Or are we walking hand in hand?

Love and blessings,
Maggie
P.S. Synchronicity is an amazing grace. Thank you Universe and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment