Saturday, July 18, 2015

venting

Clare,
I've been very busy as well. I spent yesterday running around Long Island, looking for an apartment for my daughter. We were about to give up, head home and regroup when she made one more call. She found a cute one bedroom above businesses in a quaint, small town on a harbor. It's only 4 miles from school and 3 from a store she hopes to work in.  I'm glad we didn't give up. One less stress.

I had a talk with the young man this week. When I asked him if he'd consider living with my family he immediately said yes. I invited him to ask me questions about my home and family. I asked him to consider it this week. At the end of the hour he got very emotional and said he couldn't leave his brother. I or we have to consider keeping them together or arranging consistent contact between them. I am nervous about a 13 year old I've never met. Tomorrow we are having a family dinner, I'm going to talk with all of my kids to see what their reactions or responses are to this possible change in our family. I'll keep you posted.

Vacation begins in one week. I'm really looking forward to it. I am a little overwhelmed though, honestly. My daughter's boyfriend's family invited themselves to join us for the final 2 days of our week. I am ok with that after figuring out where everyone will sleep. Last night his mom emailed me and told me she'd invited a friend to visit also. The woman is visiting a relative nearby and she told her to come to the island. I responded that she is welcome to visit the house but there isn't room for her to stay overnight. I think I'm disappointed because it feels as if vacationing with us isn't enough, she's got to bring along friends too.
Sorry, I'm just venting...

Love and Light,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment