Thursday, July 23, 2015

random memory

Preparing for a vacation makes a vacation even more necessary. 

I will be around for one more week, then I have the three days on the bus, followed by two weeks with my son and his family, and then home again and back to work.  I am worried about leaving the baby. I will miss her so much --  I am probably more worried about missing the baby...

I had a stray memory.  I don't think I've written about it before.  When we lived in the big house in the small town, Mom and Dad were friends with another couple.  That was unusual. Mom and Dad never had many friends - we kept moving so why invest the time, I guess.  But this couple - he was military, she was a second wife - spent time with us, and they all went out together a few times.

The wife started not being around and I asked Mom why.  Mom told me the wife,  Anne, was spending weekends in jail.  She was found guilty of physically abusing her stepson, the son of her husband.  But Mom told me not to worry.  She and Dad knew Anne did not abuse her son.  He had internal injuries from hitting his handle bars during a bike accident.

Mom and Dad left us with them one night.  

Now, as the memory reemerged, I found myself wondering,  "What were they thinking?"

I have no idea if anything happened. But our parents left us with someone who was jailed for child abuse...

It's late, and I am off to bed...

Love and hugs from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment