Monday, July 6, 2015

Be the change...

I think it all begins with "me"…
when I was young my first song that I fully embraced was
Let the be peace on earth
and let it begin with me…
When I read your post that song jumped into my mind's ear.
I do believe it begins with us reclaiming our wildness…
claiming and re-establishing our connections to self and others…

I have asked a trusted Friend/friend to sit with me about the question of fostering a child…
we are meeting on Friday.
Today at treatment team the psychiatrist talked about fostering and the challenges of being a foster parent…
totally unsolicited by me…
I already understand those challenges from working with kids and families.

I am afraid to mention my idea to the young man…
What if it falls through?
What if I disappoint him?
What if he rejects me?
What if I'm not a good influence?
What if?…
I have to have the courage to walk forward with my eyes and heart open.
This vulnerability stuff is tough!

I had a wonderful day with my older son today. We spent the afternoon together, taking him to an orientation for the cyber-school. He talked about a training program that he is interested in doing in California. It's a program on the growing, extraction and distribution of medical marijuana. He is so excited. He understands that he will have to live and work in states that have legalized it and that he will have to remain legitimate.
I am not sure what husband will say…
Anyway we talked about trust and consideration of others…
he actually "got it".
One of his friends was thrown out of his home last night and he ended up at our house. My son was able to see both sides of the issue…
he could see fault on both sides of the argument.
He is growing up.

B#4 is spending this week here, staining my house. My boys are working with him. They love hanging out with him. It is so nice to hear them laughing and joking around with each other.

So, be the change you wish to see in this world.
Reclaim connection.
Let peace begin with me.

That's a lot to tackle for one night.
Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie




No comments:

Post a Comment