Wednesday, July 8, 2015

thank you

Hi Maggie,

I had a fun day.  I got my bus ticket for another trip across the country.  I'm coming home through a new route, so I'll get to see some new states. And we went shopping at Aunt Sally's which is always fun.  Then I went cherry picking. I was with my youngest and her baby.

It was my oldest son's birthday yesterday.  I talked to him then, and I talked to his wife today...letting her know when I would be in.  Their dog is getting ancient, as is mine.  I was thinking about the death of my last dog - my little spaniel.  We picked cherries from the tree that shelters the body of my beloved border collie.  My old dog seems to be losing kidney function.  She's quieter than usual.  And she is not going up and down the stairs very often.

And my daughter took a picture of me - looking very old...

I am glad you asked a Friend to sit with you about fostering.  If you don't reach clarity, ask for a clearness committee.  It does help.

Look at the  "What ifs...?"  Honor them.  Then walk through them.  Sometimes it seems like "What if...?" is like the poppy field in The Wizard of Oz.  We just sort of lose energy and lay down and lose our way among all those lovely "What ifs...?" we can dream up!

Your older son seems to be stepping into awareness, growing up...it does happen.  A few more years, the younger one will be there, too...

Let there be peace on Earth and let it begin with me...

Let there be peace in me, and let it heal the Earth...and me...

It is an interesting concept - coming to peace within before I can become wild. For some reason, wild seems unpeaceful. But it's a different kind of wild than unsettled and anxious  or   unsettled and potentially violent.

I understand - as within, so without. 

I am going to have to play with the concept of wild and peaceful.


Imagining my favorite wild places...wild as in untouched by human civilization...there is peace.  Everything is in its place, doing its own thing, supporting the community, abiding in the community around it.

I like this image...

Thank you...

Love and hugs from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment