Monday, July 27, 2015

lists

Hi Maggie,


Ah the island.  I hope you are enjoying every minute!  I envy you!

I also envy your son, in a way.  I remember when I was finally old enough to stay home alone, and didn't have to go with you all.  The silence was like heaven. I loved that time.

My daughter is not allowed to go back to work until Wednesday.  So I am having an easy week...which is good, because I have not packed yet.  I will probably do that the night before.  I am getting caught up with laundry and the house.  I'm both dreading and looking forward to the bus ride.  Three days of being able to read, write, knit - it's nice. And the landscape is constantly changing.  But being in close quarters with strangers is both interesting and unsettling.

And I feel so pulled.  I want to be with the kids out west, hate to leave the kids in the east.  But that's every day...I miss the ones I am not with every single day.

I am thinking about what to take with me.  Mom made a notebook of the columns I wrote about the kids many years ago. They were complete in two notebooks.  The kids lent them to a friend, and I only got one back.  I don't think the western g-kids know about the columns.  That will be bedtime stories.  And I am taking my computer, and so  I can share all the family pictures.

My oldest gave me a blank book, and I had this feeling that someday a descendent would be interested in who we are, and so I started handwriting and commenting on some of our favorite recipes.  I want to invite others to do so too.  So that goes...

I want to take home to them.  I can't forget the camera. A friend in another country asked me to take pictures all across the country and email them.  One more project...

So, I guess I am not being deep and philosophical today. I'm just making lists...

Hope you are having a ball...

Love and hugs from Clare


No comments:

Post a Comment