Wednesday, July 22, 2015

encourage connection

Clare,

My computer died, a traumatic death. I dropped it and then several days later spilled coffee onto it. It is at the computer hospital, hopefully being saved.

To answer the two-fer question...
I know he has a brother at the group home.
He moved into the home about 18 months ago...
After he moved in Dad started to visit...
He rarely visited before that...
Holidays,maybe...
Suddenly he was stopping by every weekend...
Well that set my young fried off...
He ran away and threatened suicide...
And was hospitalized for two weeks...
The two brothers fight a lot...
I guess I'm trying to create a haven for this young man...
Maybe I'm wrong...
Maybe it's better to toughened people up...
I just see a gentler side to this kid.
I would ensure frequent contact...
With brother and dad...
People need family...
Even if family is inept...
And unable to meet our needs.

Perhaps you are an observer...
Rather than outsider.
Perhaps your purpose is to point out the obvious inconsistencies that we want to overlook...
You can't be an objective observer if your part of the group.
Do you think Lucretia Mott or John Woolman were embraced by their community?
I bet they were respected, from a distance...
I don't think they were a part of the in crowd.

When your Friend greeted your daughter and not you, were you making eye contact? Were you open to be greeted, or looking down, trying to be invisible? Pay attention to your body language and create opportunity for connection...
Others feel uncertain of themselves too...
Encourage connection.

I went to a sling yoga class last evening. It was one of the most gentle exercises I've ever done. The room has multiple fabric slings connected to the ceiling hanging to about two feet off the floor. You sit in the sling and position your body into yoga poses, totally supported by the sling. I did a back bend, it felt great!
I did a shoulder stand inversion, that felt even better.
The sling gently swayed and rocked as we moved...
Shavasina...relaxation pose...was incredible...I was totally engulfed in the cacoon of the sling...gently rocking with each breath. It was so good for my neck and back.

I leave for vacation in 4 days...I'm not sure how much time I'll spend on the computer...
I'll have to borrow other's computers to get here. I will be back regularly August 2.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment