Monday, July 27, 2015

relaxation

Clare,

Days here are wonderful…
not perfect…
there are still conflicts and spats…
but they melt away with a little sunshine and ocean breeze.
My oldest keeps telling me how much she loves it here…
My youngest has been incredibly independent…
tonight he blew a tire on a golf cart and had to be rescued…
of course his sisters gave him a hard time.

About my older son…
I love being home alone too.
I guess my biggest concern is that he feels as if he's not included in the family vacation…
even if he made the choice himself…
I don't want him thinking, "they didn't want me to come"…
or that we are having more fun without him there.

I want him to know that he is always wanted…
welcomed…
encouraged to come along…
but not commanded.
Does that make sense?

Today we walked and rode bikes and shopped and hiked in the woods, and ate and relaxed…
I had too much sun yesterday, so I avoided the beach.
No signs of dolphins yet this week.
We have a cardinal that has been flying around the house, pecking on windows…
it begins about 6:30 am and continues until sunset.
I've tried going out…
he comes back.
The guy at the hardware store said he is defending his territory from his own reflection…
I guess I'll just have to keep talking to him.

The two herons intrigues me…
what if she is flying with you through this part of your journey…
what if she's guiding you…
not taking you away…

I hope you have a wonderful trip.
I'll keep checking in through the week.
Love and Light,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment