Sunday, July 26, 2015

island days

Clare,

My computer was returned the evening before we left for our trip. So, I brought it along. I've been catching up with cyber-world as a break from the beautiful surroundings. Our drive was very long…
3 separate traffic jams which made our trip 13 hours instead of 10.
We got here to see the sun set from our deck…
so all is well.
The island is more crowded than usual…
still nothing like the NJ beaches…
stepping over bodies looking for a place to lay your towels…
but people in line waiting for stuff.

I walked a loop of half the island this morning with husband.
Then we got morning beverages.
After that my daughter #2 and I took bikes out to ride a loop around the island.
The chain from my bike popped off 4 times around the island. 3 times young men stopped to help us put it back on. I told my daughter, If I knew it was that easy to attract men I'd have tried it 30 years ago.
Then the girls and I went to the ocean and talked and played at water's edge. It was great…

It is strange not having my older son with us…
but it is peaceful…
and he seems content at home when I communicate with him.

I believe you are right about the young man teaching me lessons.
I am patiently waiting for him to come to some decision…
and then we can move from that place.
I realize that he has to investigate all options with his own family…
extinguish the fantasy of them rescuing him and finding perfection with them…
I just hope they don't raise his hopes one more time, just to drop him at the last minute…
again.
But, I've assured him that I will be here for him…
either as a therapist or a foster-mom…
he'll still have my support.
I hope that's enough.

I hope your daughter is feeling better.
I'll check in tomorrow.
Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment