Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Yes, I do like myself

Clare,

Simply showing up...I have a real block when it comes to simplicity.
I start out with the pure intention of simplicity...
I will just offer a place to meet...and then, somehow it takes on a life of its own...
cleaning, prepping, adding layer upon layer of complexity...
the only thing that stops my planning and preparation is time, when the event (or whatever) starts then I am done preparing.
I also look forward to this daily contact, I do a morning soul searching that keeps my mind engaged throughout the day.
It has rhythm, it has connection, it has purpose.
And yes it can be very simple...just words typed onto a screen....but incredibly  powerful.

I was journaling this morning...grateful to the universe for this reprieve from the emotional roller coaster that we've been on since April...wondering what the next step will be.
I was hit with the word reconnection.
I think it is getting to be time to open this up to the other family members...at least let them know that it is here and they can read if they are so led. I know that you suggested it a while ago and it felt too raw still, but I think that this peace that I am feeling is giving me strength.
We can think about it, and decide what to do.

My daughter and I have been asking each other questions...
She was asking about my accomplishments and in my answer this morning I came to the conclusion that I do like myself.
I told her that my greatest accomplishment was finding my voice...
trusting my heart's voice to guide me into and through all of the slime and the swamp,
through all of the choices that I've made.
Sometimes those choices are rather scary...and are more like a leap of faith...but I don't regret them.
So, yes, I do like myself...at least the parts that I know.

I have made the bold statement in the past, that I feel that I have true greatness in me...
a feeling that drives me to learn and try new things.
I now wonder if I am overlooking the subtle clues that greatness may already be surrounding me and that my drive is blinding me to that.
I may be missing it hiding in plain sight.
Is ambition still driving me?
I honestly can't answer that. I no longer crave power and prestige...but a little recognition still entices me.
So Maggie is still a work in progress as we all are.

I have to run...a service man is here to do some work.
I love you,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment