Sunday, July 22, 2012

Some good memories

So, For some reason I am wondering about your feathered turtle...were the feathers black like a turkey vulture's or colorful like the mute parrot?

We spent 12 hours together in the car yesterday. It was actually alot of fun. Despite being significantly delayed on 95 South, everyone stayed in good spirits and we played some games. Of course there are moments of bickering and posturing between the siblings, but I was able to remain peaceful and calm. We were running behind schedule, seriously pushing our ferry reservation time and still, we played the games.
It was more of a Grammy day than a Grandma day.
I am trying to remember our trips up north for camping. I remember having one bathroom break. I remember our little Chihuahua pooping onto B#1's lap on one trip. I remember that VW van packed so full that our legs were straight out instead of hanging down. How did we ever have room to take along a friend or two? We would stop at Grandma and Pop's house before going into the woods. We had family members come out to visit us during the week. It rained frequently. I remember digging the pit for a latrine and also one for ice to keep the food. I remember swimming/bathing in the creek /river that we camped beside. I remember the camp fires and singing...The House of the Rising Sun, I'm my Own Grampa, Sweet Violets... There is alot of good in those memories.

The prayer to be open to abundance is a wonderful prayer. I live a very different lifestyle than you do, my prayer is to recognize and be content with enough. I try to intentionally use that word around my children as well. They have rarely done without...and will come to appreciate that at some time in their life.

I am thinking about Faduly...and letting my mind wander...
I just had an image of the Disney version of Cinderella where she makes friends with and clothes the mice...
I am picturing Faduly as those mice. It makes me smile to imagine that.

I spent an hour walking this morning, and then an hour on the beach. I was just sitting, meditating, listening to the waves and the birds. The sound was so loud and constant. It was very relaxing and reinvigorating. I hope that there is alot more of that this week.

I haven't seen the wedding pictures yet. I will have to go on and look at them.
The natives are restless...I have to go to the beach.

Until tomorrow...
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment