Wednesday, May 25, 2016

time to free yourself...

Clare,

I wonder what the porcupine means?
Of course I have to search it…
see below…

That's pretty profound…

(For some reason I cannot get out of the green italics…so I'll type above it)

I am still getting used to this job. Some days I am confident and others I feel as if I have nothing good to offer. I am working with an incredibly talented woman whose first reaction is to criticize…
I offer an idea and she tells me why it's not feasible or sustainable.
I found that if I offer it several times she begins to warm up to it…
and eventually she might even incorporate it.

I'm going to a statewide breastfeeding summit tomorrow. Commonwealth Medical College has an initiative to improve breastfeeding rates in the state. My county is one of the lowest rates for breastfeeding in the state. I'm excited to see what I can do.

Today I am going to a meeting of the nurse-family partnership…
an agency that supports young families during the first two years of children's lives.

I suggested writing adversity screening and parenting support into a big grant for next year and and next month I am giving my childhood adversity talk to social workers and foster parents in the county.

I feel as if I am on to something here. Create attachments and secure families for better lives and health outcomes. This is what I've been wanting to impact for some time. I am excited about this aspect of work.

I have been playing with the reiki energy and symbols. I still want "proof" of an impact…
that's my scientific training coming out. I sense the energy, but cannot see results, so I doubt. I have to trust it to work. I will continue to send it to you.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

You are being gently reminded not to get caught in the chaos of the adult world where fear, greed, and suffering are commonplace.
-Porcupine

It’s time to free yourself of guilt and shame and reclaim the innocence that you left behind as a child. Open your heart to those things that gave you joy as a child; remember fantasy and imagination and bring into your life again. Make sure that you do not to get caught in the chaos of the world, where fear, greed and suffering are commonplace.

from http://www.spirit-animals.com/porcupine

No comments:

Post a Comment