Thursday, May 26, 2016

a very different kind of nesting

Clare,

I hope you hold onto that love for a long time.

The dog dream is interesting. I don't think I've ever dreamed about finding things in drawers before…
interesting.

I am really edgy this week…
I feel as if I'm "nesting".
But, a very different kind of nesting.
I've started to paint and prepare for my young man's arrival next week. I am stressed because we still don't have final approval…
and won't have the court order until 2 weeks after he moves in…
I worry about my youngest's actions…
perhaps they could sabotage the whole thing…
and I worry about the young man's father.
He had not communicated with him since Thanksgiving…
except for one text when their mother died…
last weekend he was texting pretty steadily.
We talked about it…
my young man and I.
He was fixated on one line of text…
"maybe I can still get K with me"(the younger brother).
That line really hurt my young man.
Isn't he worth rescuing?
Isn't he worth the effort?
I am worried about the emotional effects of all of this…
but, we are so far into the process I've just got to ride the wave and see where we land.
The last I heard dad was not interested, had signed away parental rights, and couldn't care less about his first set of kids…
he has two other families.
I hope he doesn't create any opposition at the court hearing.
But, we will deal with whatever comes up.

I cannot wait to see what your skill or talent is that comes to light.
I am sure you will find many…
just keep looking and opening.

I went to a planning session about a breastfeeding summit for the summer. It was great to share stories and ideas with those gathered around the table. I'm excited to be a part of this.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie




No comments:

Post a Comment