Monday, May 16, 2016

tests

Clare,
The dreams are telling you something…
in a big way that is capturing your attention.
Look for the common thread…
messages come until we get them.

We had an interesting weekend.
The older of the young men confessed that he had gone into the woods and smoked pot.
When asked why, he told me he was bored. He also told me he brought it along with him. So I asked why he planned on being bored and needing pot. He thought for a while and said it doesn't make sense. I asked him to think and then talk. Later we talked and he admitted he was testing us. Testing to see if we would reject him. Testing to see if we have boundaries. Testing to see if we really care. I assured him I love him, but do not like the action. We talked about the saboteur archetype. He said he would consider this concept.
We talked about transitions and how frightening they can be…
how much courage is required to say yes…
how much energy it requires to not be stagnant.

I think he understands. I think he feels remorse. I think we passed the test.
His consequence is to not get a special basketball shoe that he has been working towards for another week. That hit him hard, but he didn't get angry or manipulative. He did try to negotiate for another consequence, so I know I chose well.

Life is always interesting.

Husband did see the hypnotist. He felt ambivalence. He did undergo hypnosis. I have not seen a difference in his stress, but time will tell. We talked about the visit at greater length yesterday as we drove to NY to move our oldest home, preparing for the next step in her journey.

Anyway, I've got an meeting to prepare for.
Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment