Monday, May 2, 2016

nah...name that tune

I like your challenge, Maggie,

But let's make it just a little easier to begin.  I am going to think of a song.  I am going to play it and listen to it, and think about it...create my own ear-worm, so to speak.  I am going to tell S#3 what the song is. She can verify if we managed to share it. Then you go next. Give it two or three days before you guess. I will start after I post this and send a message to S#3. 

Our regional meeting is in two weeks.  My grandkids love to go, so we are going.  This year's theme is White Privilege.  Quite a few Friends went to the recent weekend workshop in Philly.  I expect to be hit with things I don't want to face, but which will make me a better person.

Your presentation on climate change sounded perfect. We need to talk about it.

So one of my children told another that they resented the younger because the youngest had an easier childhood.

It made me think of us, of some of the resentment aimed at the youngest two sisters because they seemed to have escaped the infant abuse I think the rest of us faced, well, except B#4. The resentment aimed at them because Dad actually seemed to recognize and treasure them.  The resentment that comes from seeing that they were worth educating when the rest of us weren't.

My youngest did have an easier childhood, because I went to AlAnon when she was a year old. I was a different mother - less angry, softer. 

I regret some aspects of my mothering so much.  The pain is so deep. Yet, I realize I could not have learned not to be that except by being that...which does not make it okay.

In the end, I set up hard feelings amongst my beloved children.

I think things are coming to a head because my oldest is pregnant.  The family is about to change again, and we all know what the stress of change does to a family.

I can't go back and change anything. All I can do is acknowledge my mistakes and apologize, and let them know their perceptions are right.

Still thinking about becoming primal...

Sending love and hugs, and a song...

Clare




No comments:

Post a Comment