Wednesday, May 4, 2016

ambushed in yoga

Clare,
I love that thought…
intergenerational pronoia.

I love it because I hold onto a concept of chimera…
I have read in the past that a woman absorbs some of her offsprings' DNA through placental transfer…
and carried them with her.
If that is true then she also has the genes of many generations who also absorbed some genes….
carrying ancient experiences.

There is also the concept of morphogenic evolution…
as a species we evolve through a common consciousness…
each member of a species can 'tap into' the consciousness (wavelength) through protein receptors found on the plasma membranes of the cells. If humans weren't so convinced that we are the highest form, we could actually learn from one another's experiences. We allow our ego to isolate us…
keep us in the left brain…
and avoid that deep connection.
Connection is what allows us to be happy and content in this life.

Last evening I did my usual Tuesday evening yoga class…
it's amazing…
As we were working on our hips I had a wave of emotion hit me…
I started tearing up…
I tried to get in touch with what I was releasing…
hips hold negative emotions and experiences.
I remembered 2 years ago…
this week…
going through the process of diagnosing my breast cancer.
once i acknowledged the cancer the tears flowed…
It was like an ambush of emotions.
I cried quietly for the rest of class…
tears streaming down my face…
but grateful for the release.
What an odd experience.

This morning I was meditating on that experience and wondered why I can be so unfeeling toward my own self…
I fight tears until they sneak up on me.
I am very caring about others.
I believe if you asked my friends they would say I am kind and compassionate.
But I fail to extend that to myself.

Something to work on.
Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment