Wednesday, September 17, 2014

violence

Hello Mags.

I am sorry I didn't make it here yesterday.  I spent a few hours working on minutes for a meeting.  Then I had people in my office...then I went to bed!

It was interesting reading about your kitten dream.  I had had a nagging feeling that I was dreaming about rescuing a puppy or a baby.  But I couldn't remember anything - I was left with an impression.

So my question is - are the kittens each one of you in the family?  Does someone need rescuing? Or do the kittens stand for aspects of yourself? Is there some part of you that desperately needs to be revived?

Did you save the kitten? Do you want to?  I know you woke up before you found out, but what does your intuition tell you?

How is Thunder Bay?

I have been working on my violence course.  Yesterday I read a lot of statistics about violence.  The population most likely to commit suicide is white men who are aged 40 - 54.  The other high risk group are adolescent and young Native American men.

We are waging genocide on them now.  It must be so painful that they decide to leave rather than endure what the dominant white culture inflicts on them. If they make it though this period, the inherent spirituality of their culture becomes an asset.  It's all about community.

But white men - we see them as being the most important, most powerful part of all cultures.  But I often think about the oppression they must endure and survive in order to suppress their humanity and become oppressive. Perhaps the most sensitive of them can not endure the pain...

What was also interesting is that there is the distinct possibility that women and minorities are under-reported.

More tomorrow...the baby is crying.

love...C.

No comments:

Post a Comment